Software Project Manager – Manchester £40-50K. Our growing client based in Manchester is currently looking for a skilled Software Project Manager.
We are looking for a talented Software Project Manager to join their team, reporting to the Operations and IT Director, working with Development Team Leaders to deliver projects on time, within budget and meet client expectation.
You will be responsible for managing and coordinating the development of bespoke software, using cutting edge technologies. The role will provide an opportunity to work with a highly skilled team of developers in a rapidly growing business.
* Be responsible for the full project life cycle of bespoke software delivery for our clients, both for completely new systems to existing system enhancement.
* Manage relationships effectively within the company, internal/external stakeholders and suppliers.
* Ensure best practice project management practices are adopted for all project activities and that objectives are met.
* Manage and deliver projects using the agreed project management methods, ensuring they are fully completed in line with client requirements and quality expectations, on time and within budget.
* Define the Project from initiation, authoring and maintaining all required project documentation/products, such as plans, briefs, requirements, functional specifications, RAID logs, quality & test plans, implementation plans and user procedures when required.
* Gather, analyse and effectively communicate customer requirements.
* Provide management and input to pre-sales and sales processes as required.
* Write pre-sales proposal content and functional specifications, gathering and coordinating technical solution descriptions from the technical team.
* Effectively communicate and report progress at all stages of the project to key stakeholders, managing risks and issues effectively.
Whilst this is a reflection of the role it is not exhaustive and employees will be expected to be flexible and take on activities outside of those listed from time to time.
* Proven and demonstrable experience of the full Software Development Lifecycle.
* Minimum of 1 year in a project management role with project leadership responsibility, in digital application or software delivery projects.
* Experience and qualification of a formal project management methodology for example Prince 2/APMG/PMP.
* Excellent understanding of project management principles – planning, tracking, risk management, issue management reporting.
* Strong analytical skills – requirements gathering and documentation, briefing and communication between clients and technical teams.
* Experience working in a small team, working with Agile and more Waterfall project management methodologies
* Working with senior technical colleagues and development team leaders to own estimation, work breakdown, planning; coordinating development, testing and release.
* Production of all project products, including, where required, functional specifications.
* Working to tight deadlines.
* Strong IT skills and awareness of current technologies.
* Leadership and motivation of multi-discipline project teams, including account management, development, testing, design user experience and operations.
* Ability to delegate effectively and negotiate delivery time scales with shared delivery teams.
* Logical and methodical approach to delivery of solutions; problem solving capability
* Good knowledge of MS Project and task management software.
* Able to work under pressure.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Flexible attitude.
* Ability to provide excellent verbal and written communication in a clear and concise manner.
* Ability to work as part of a team and maintain multi-disciplinary network of stakeholders across the business and externally.
* Friendly and likeable nature, whilst maintaining control and management of project teams.
* Ability to work autonomously and multi-task as you must prioritise and handle several projects at any one time.
* Demonstrate conceptual thinking, initiative, pro-activity, persistence and innovation.
Software Project Manager – Manchester £40-50K.
Job Reference: 32421312_1526391814
Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP