Modelling and Forecasting Analyst X 4
Our established client based near Manchester is looking for a talented Modelling and forecasting analysts to join their team. Our client will consider candidates at all levels of experience.
You will play a pivotal role in establishing, developing and maintaining a broad range of financial models and forecasts to support business initiatives and projects. The role holder will use demonstrably strong financial modelling skills to produce scenario-based financial reports on the impact of changes to the business as a matter of priority, including financial models, business models, fee forecasts, options appraisals, pricing models and acquisition models.
Role and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the definition, shaping and ongoing maintenance of all financial modelling and forecasting to enhance decisions, deliver more targeted acquisition and ultimately deliver profitable growth.
* Undertake specialised analysis to model historical data and provide forecasts based on various industry-related metrics for a range of different propositions.
* Conduct scenario analysis based on various factors that will help to assess the risk of each scenario.
* Proactively recommend and implement updates to financial models during periods of change and following business actions to continuously maintain and/or improve their accuracy and value to the company.
* Responsible for reviewing all financial models under minimum supervision to arrive at preliminary conclusions and providing good quality and timely financial modelling advice to the business in a way that non specialists can easily understand and absorb.
* Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate discretion at all times when dealing with sensitive information.
* Proactively seek opportunities and assume responsibility for prioritisation of own workload.
* Champion data quality and integrity, highlighting data quality issues and suggesting appropriate solutions.
* Share knowledge and experience, and analytical/modelling best practices.
* Assist in the mentoring and development of team member skills through coaching and effective support.
* Carry out all duties in a manner that reflects company values at all times
* Undertake any further duties determined as reasonable and necessary in the fulfilment of the role.
* A strong academic record with a good honours degree or equivalent qualification in a numerical subject
* Proven modelling, forecasting and analytical experience in financial services
* Strong SQL Skills
* Advanced Excel skills to expertly tackle and work through complex mathematical problems.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Able to articulate key messages and analysis outcomes clearly and concisely.
* Pragmatic, analytical mind, logical thinker and excellent attention to detail
* Proven effective organisational ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines working on own initiative.
* Excellent negotiating and influencing skills in the delivery of change.
* Extensive experience of completing complex data analysis from a wide analytical brief
* Proven ability to create proposals and provide recommendations on the back of analysis
* Excellent relationship building skills with third parties, internal customers and team colleagues alike.
Modelling and Forecasting Analyst – Manchester – X 4
Job Reference: 32323_1566569359
Salary: £25000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP