Modelling and Forecasting Analyst
Our established client based near Manchester is looking for a talented Modelling and forecasting analyst to join their team.
You will play a pivotal role in establishing, developing and maintaining a broad range of financial models and forecasts to support business initiatives and projects. The role holder will use demonstrably strong financial modelling skills to produce scenario based financial reports on the impact of changes to the business as a matter of priority, including financial models, business models, fee forecasts, options appraisals, pricing models and acquisition models.
Role and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the definition, shaping and ongoing maintenance of all financial modelling and forecasting to enhance decisioning, deliver more targeted acquisition and ultimately deliver profitable growth.
* Undertake specialised analysis to model historical data and provide forecasts based on various industry-related metrics for a range of different propositions.
* Conduct scenario analysis based on various factors that will help to assess the risk of each scenario.
* Proactively recommend and implement updates to financial models during periods of change and following business actions to continuously maintain and/or improve their accuracy and value to the company.
* Responsible for reviewing all financial models under minimum supervision to arrive at preliminary conclusions and providing good quality and timely financial modelling advice to the business in a way that non specialists can easily understand and absorb.
* Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate discretion at all times when dealing with sensitive information.
* Proactively seek opportunities and assume responsibility for prioritisation of own workload.
* Champion data quality and integrity, highlighting data quality issues and suggesting appropriate solutions.
* Share knowledge and experience, and analytical/modelling best practices.
* Assist in the mentoring and development of team member skills through coaching and effective support.
* Carry out all duties in a manner that reflects company values at all times
* Undertake any further duties determined as reasonable and necessary in fulfilment of the role.
* A strong academic record with a good honours degree or equivalent qualification in a numerical subject
* Proven modelling, forecasting and analytical experience in financial services
* Advanced Excel skills to expertly tackle and work though complex mathematical problems.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Able to articulate key messages and analysis outcomes clearly and concisely.
* Pragmatic, analytical mind, logical thinker and excellent attention to detail
* Proven effective organisational ability to meet time sensitive deadlines working on own initiative.
* Excellent negotiating and influencing skills in delivery of change.
* Extensive experience of completing complex data analysis from a wide analytical brief
* Proven ability to create proposals and provide recommendations on the back of analysis
* Excellent relationship building skills with third parties, internal customers and team colleagues alike.
Modelling and Forecasting Analyst – Manchester
Job Reference: 56777_1553691827
Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP