IT Security Engineer – Stockport
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic IT Information Security Engineer with a passion for IT security to work directly with the Managing Director of the business to enhance the companies IT security. This is a hands on technical role requiring a detailed understanding of evolving threat trends and the technical ability to implement, configure and enhance our existing security.
* Experience in IT security within a regulated industry
* Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
* Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies, with the flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously
* Strong hands on knowledge of Checkpoint Firewalls, administration & design
* Proven commercial experience in SIEM/Log Aggregation tool configuration & management, ideally Splunk
* Strong network security knowledge and hands on experience in Remote Access, VPN, Firewalls, DMZ architecture, Network Monitoring, Intrusion Detection, Server Security, Wireless Security, Vulnerability Scanning, Anti-malware and Anti-exploit management, and DLP
* Advanced knowledge of WAN/LAN & Ipv4/Ipv6 security as it pertains to networking protocols and connectivity to/from outside resources
* Ability to work well under minimal supervision
* Review, assess, and mitigate penetration tests and vulnerability assessments on information systems and infrastructure
* Management and assessment of external threat trends and environment remediation.
* Developing, documenting and maintaining security procedures
* Design, installation and support of security tools such as IPS/IDS, SIEM, Web & Email gateways, Identity Management, Certificate Management, Cloud Security, Firewalls, Switches & Routers
IT security considerations
* Recommending and evaluating security tools to identify more efficient and effective security measures
Any ISM qualification would be highly desirable!!! e.g. CISSP or CISM or equivalent
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01625 874399 for more information.
Job Reference: 22221_1533902641
Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP