BI Developer – Manchester £50K – Our growing client based in Manchester is currently looking for a skilled BI Developer with strong Microsoft SQL BI stack experience. Unlike other companies, you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and instrumental in its growth.
The company believes that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures, They keep our start-up roots and entrepreneurialism at their heart. They aim to give their employees the freedom and support to pursue what really motivates and excites them.
* Development of operational reports
* Development of Data Warehouse ETL jobs
* Ad-hoc data extraction
* Query Tuning
* Report usage and performance monitoring
In delivering these responsibilities, your focus will be to:
* Take ownership of report requests
* Ensure requests are serviced in a timely manner and run accurately and efficiently
* Be the first point of contact for report related errors/bugs
* Drive technical excellence into all SQL coding
For the right candidate, there is ample potential to diversify and develop your career within the business.
* Minimum 5 years of development experience using the Microsoft SQL BI stack
* Experience in producing SSRS reports
* Experience in developing SSIS packages
* Strong T-SQL coding experience
* Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization
* Working knowledge of how statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
* SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design ( stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints )
* Knowledge of Powershell scripting to assist in ETL loads
* Experience of working with Agile development methodologies
* Knowledge of SSAS OLAP cube development
* Experience of other data visualisation tools
* Experience of VBA programming
* Ability to work to logical solutions in complex environments;
* Good facilitation skills;
* Happy in a complex, dynamic, and fast-moving working environment; Self-starter who can demonstrate the ability hit the ground running
BI Developer – Manchester £50K
Job Reference: 75777_1557862871
Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP