3rd Line Support – VMWARE – Manchester. Our growing client based in Manchester is currently looking for a skilled IT Support Engineer. The role is to develop and design new solutions whilst maintaining the IT infrastructure for the company. You will also Provide 3rd line support as required for the IT infrastructure and key systems to the business.
Key skills for this role are (Ideally 3-5 years experience in these technologies):
VMware SRM 5.5
NetApp Flexpod experience
Windows Server 2008 / 2012
Role and Responsibilities:
1. Produce designs and solutions for projects covering all aspects of the businesses and IT infrastructure, identifying any impacts and alternatives
2. Provide 3rd Line support for the infrastructure and the key systems.
3. Install and configure new or upgrades to systems in line with defined procedures and standards and with minimum impact to the business.
4. Engage with the Business Units to identify how technology can improve the way they work and be beneficial to the business
5. Produce documentation so that knowledge can be passed onto the relevant parties accurately
6. Work with the team members to develop standards and guidelines for managing and maintaining the infrastructure.
7. Ensure necessary documentation and procedures are maintained and kept up to date
8. Ownership of one of the key infrastructure (e.g. SAN / Network / Servers / System Centre) components and be responsible for its maintenance and upkeep.
9. Investigate new or upgrades to existing technology that would be beneficial to the business.
10. Monitoring Service Levels and customer satisfaction and initiate actions and improvements to provide a service that is fit for purpose.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 2012
* Microsoft Windows 7 / 8
* Microsoft System Centre Operations Manager 2012
* Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager 2012
* Microsoft System Centre Orchestrator 2012
* Microsoft IIS 6.0+
* Microsoft Exchange 2010
* Microsoft SQL Server 2008 / 2012
* Active Directory
* VMWARE vSphere 5.1 / 5.5
* VMWARE Site Recovery Manager
* NetApp Cluster OnTap 8.2 Including –
oSnapManager for SQL, Exchange.
oNetApp FAS3220 Hardware
oExperience of FlexClones
* Cisco Firewalls / Switches (Nexus & Catalyst)
* Cisco UCS
* Microsoft SharePoint 2010
* McAfee EPO / AV / DLP / HIPS
Non Technical Skills
* Prince 2 Project Methodology
* Design of Infrastructure Solutions
* ITIL v2 or v3 Foundation
* VCP – VMWARE 5.1 / 5.5
* CCNA – Cisco
* NCDA – NetApp
* MCTS – Windows Server 2008 / 2012
* Self-motivated and committed individual
* Extensive knowledge of company systems.
* Ability to implement systems and policies.
* Ensure project technical risks and issues are managed
* Excellent technical knowledge and ability.
* Be able to demonstrate commercial awareness
* Ability to establish effective working relations with immediate staff and other staff in the business.
* Well organised with ability to work to deadlines.
* Ability to grasp new concepts and technologies quickly
* Good communication skills at all levels.
* Ability to work to own initiative and be able to break down tasks into deliverable stages
3rd Line Support – Manchester – VMWARE
Job Reference: 434366_1570466734
Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP