1st Line Support Technician – Wythenshawe, Manchester – To £24K
The Role: The IT support assistant will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and support to the IT manager.
The position demands that you will have a good working knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems together with a good understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration. A driving licence and own car is a must. The position also provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
* Respond to enquiries from staff to help them resolve any hardware of software issues.
* To escalate more complex calls to the relevant IT Support member
* To maintain a list of suppliers and other sub-contractors who may be required to assist in the resolution of technical problems
* Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house
* Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops and other hardware
* Testing and fixing faulty equipment
* Update IT procedures and user self-help documentation.
* Record and monitor software licenses
* Completing internal user moves including phones
* Produce Visual Management & employee engagement displays
* To maintain adherence to all local/group IT policies and strategies
* Undertake and demonstrate a commitment to continued learning
* To have a flexible approach to working patterns
SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
* Working knowledge of Microsoft based server & client operating systems
* Knowledge of Active Directory local account support
* Awareness DNS & DHCP practice’s
* Microsoft Office 365
* Understanding of remote support
* Basic network structures
* Good understanding of PC hardware, set-up and configuration
* Flexible, pro-active approach.
* Strong customer service ethos and able to work well with people
* Ability to prioritise and manage tasks
* Able to work alone and under instruction.
* Demonstrate problem solving skills
* Excellent telephone manner
1st Line Support Technician – Wythenshawe, Manchester
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to email@example.com or call 01625 874399 for more information.
1st Line Support Technician – Wythenshawe. Manchester – To £24K
Job Reference: 213123123_1546613151
Salary: £20000 - £24000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP