When companies set out to make their first hire, they often opt for in-house recruitment. This is often because they don’t realise the benefits of using an IT recruitment agency.
Before setting out to find an IT candidate, hiring managers often have the misconception that the hiring process is as simple as:
- Placing a job advert with a job board
- Waiting for the influx of CVs to flood in from the available job seekers
- Selecting the best from the most qualified candidates by interviewing
What they very quickly find out is that the IT Recruitment market is more competitive than it’s ever been right now. Consequently, making sense of the IT recruitment landscape can be extremely time-consuming and challenging. Moreover, the long term costs of in-house recruitment can mount exponentially.
Problems with IT Recruitment
The most common problems hiring managers come to us with are:
- IT skills are in extremely high demand
- Lack of IT professionals with the experience to fill demand create skills gaps within the workplace
- Smaller companies are unable to compete with bigger players due to lack of marketing budget
- Placing adverts with job boards generates interest from overseas applicants with no right to work in the UK but often fails to reach UK applicants with the right skill sets
- Open positions within the existing team cause workloads to rise
- Increased workloads lead to higher stress levels within the team
- Sizeable workloads leave less time for career development – one of the main reasons for leaving among IT professionals
- Remote hiring can be a barrier to recruitment
The IT Recruitment Quandary
When your number one priority is running your business, it can be hard to know where to start with tackling the above issues. The main thing preventing businesses from achieving their targets is the lack of talent they need to drive their business forward. Not having that talent on their team reduces the amount of time and money they have available for recruitment. Unfortunately, this is a common quagmire we encounter daily.
Advantages of Using a Recruitment Agency
All recruitment agencies offer a recruitment service which may help you solve your short term hiring problems. We get to know our clients and help them create rock-solid recruitment strategies which enable them to achieve long term business goals. Furthermore, our recruitment process enables our clients to reach the talent their business needs while taking the pressure off their recruitment budget.
How We Achieve This
- 15 years’ experience in the IT recruitment sector
- Subscribing to multiple niche job boards to reach the most highly skilled IT candidates
- Continually networking with new candidates to build our talent pool
- A team of recruitment resourcers with extensive experience sourcing via the passive market
- Investing in the latest IT recruitment technology
- A marketing team who know when, where and how to reach your ideal candidates
And finally, we only ever recruit on a contingency basis. Meaning we will never ask for any money upfront. Rather, you will only ever pay for our service if we make a successful placement. Why do we do this? Because we are so confident we can deliver!
If you would like to speak to a member of our team about how we can help you make future hires, please feel free to contact us. Alternatively, please leave your details below and one of our recruitment consultants will get back to you.