Interview Feedback, what to do when you feel like you have been ‘ghosted’ after an interview
Wait, What Does Being Ghosted Mean?
We’re glad you asked.
The term commonly refers to the world of dating.
For example, if you were to attend a date with someone and they do not contact you afterwards, sadly friend, you have been ‘ghosted’.
Many people agree that recruitment and dating are not too far removed from one another (spooky!).
For instance, you catch one another’s attention, exchange a few emails, then you meet, you talk about yourself in the hopes that they will find you a suitable choice and then…you await their response (yikes!)… And then you hear nothing.
Thus, one may be ‘ghosted’ if you have not received any feedback after an interview.
Interview Feedback, the 3 P’s:
- Try to stay positive, feelings of anxiety can be extremely high when you don’t receive feedback right away.
- However, having a positive attitude and self-belief will prove highly effective, helping you appear calm and collective.
- Keep applying!
- If this is your first interview in a while, or you feel a little rusty, there is some great advice on the .Gov website. Ranging from what to wear, to what to ask, to how to sit.
- It is always impressive to demonstrate knowledge of current releases or software updates, so use your spare time wisely!
- Keep your self, skills and CV updated!
- Make the first line of communication if you have not received feedback.
- If this is something you find daunting, you can always pass your CV onto a recruiter, who can handle this for you.
- If you’re feeling shy, we can help with this- check out our Candidate Recruitment Pages!
So, What Next?
So, we have established that there are many outside factors as to why an interviewer may appear to have ‘ghosted’ you, many of which are out of your control.
Our closing advice would be this; having a recruiter on your side is a great advantage.
It is the job of a Recruitment Consultant to handle all the admin and awkward phone calls for candidates, making sure to provide helpful and progressive interview feedback.