• To plan, develop and run tests, and to specify and prepare test environments, in order to verify systems against requirements specifications and technical designs; that are high quality, documented and delivered on time according to the project plan.
• To review and update documentation, and undertake other tasks within a wider quality assurance and risk control remit as directed by the Test Manager or Technical Director.
• To analyse observations, record and categorise clear issue reports and support issue resolution.
• To understand the purpose, architecture and dependencies of systems under test based on specification documentation, and communication with users and developers.
• To be aware of system and project risk, and how it affects the level of testing reassurance required.
• To actively contribute to a positive team spirit.
• Preferably a graduate with a background in software development or support, possibly with a computer science related degree.
• Preferably, ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
2 years testing experience including test development within a Technical/Finance environment with a good knowledge of IT test principles and awareness of the full Software Development Lifecycle.
• Web testing
• Multiple component, multiple server system testing
• 24 x 7 OLTP system testing
• Data warehouse and MIS testing
• Database based system testing, Oracle 10g/11g or SQL Server
• Windows 2003 and above, Windows 2003 Server and above
• Team Foundation Server development environment
• Use of fault logging and tracking applications
• Use of automated test tools
• Development / configuration of test support tools
Tester / Test Analyst / Software Tester – Northwich, Cheshire - £28-32K
IT Recruitment Cheshire, IT Recruitment Manchester, IT Recruitment Lancashire, IT Recruitment Merseyside, IT Jobs, Computer Jobs, Developer Jobs,