C# or VB.NET Software Developer – Macclesfield, Cheshire £25-30K
Our client, a UK Financial services company based near Macclesfield is currently looking for Developers with C#or VB.NET, client server application and web development experience. The company is expanding its IT operation as part of business growth.
• You will be working as part of the development team to develop and support all in-house developed applications.
• Working closely with the project team on development projects with other developers to implement IT systems based on the functional specifications within challenging timescales.
• To provide support to less experienced members of the team.
• The IT systems that the development team builds produce is the primary source of revenue for the business.
• To work closely with all the different business units within the company during the development. To follow and improve all IT Development policies and procedures.
• To develop systems according to the functional specifications and technical design that are high quality, documented and delivered on time according to the project plan.
• To design application architecture of systems within individual projects based on functional specifications.
• To actively contribute to team spirit of the development team.
• To follow IT Development policies and procedures including consistency in coding style, naming conventions, documentation etc. to achieve maintainability, code reuse, performance, scalability and reliability of developed systems.
• To support all in-house developed systems, to ensure all production issues tickets are resolved within their SLAs.
• To seek improvements in developed systems or development processes, agree their scope and timescales as an improvements project and then implement them during the improvements resource days.
• To keep skill set up to date with the latest development in technology so that the business can easily adopt new technologies and grow with the changes in the IT industry.
• Excellent communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to work within team
• Logical thinking
• Proven analytical skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Excellent Object Orientated Design skills
2 years development experience within a Commercial/Finance environment with a good knowledge of IT development principles and the full Software Development Lifecycle.
• Client Server Application Development
• Web Development
• Oracle 10g/11g or SQL Server
• Oracle PL/SQL
• C# / Visual Basic.NET
• Visual Studio 2008 and above
• Experience of Infrastructure Support, Windows 2003 and above, Windows 2003 Server and above (not essential)
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Nick.Derham@adriasolutions.co.uk or call 01625 874399 for more information.
C# or VB.NET Application / Web Developer – Macclesfield, Cheshire £25-30K